What to wear to paintball – 4 Alarming Points
Paintball is a type of shooting sport or game in which competitive players knock out the opponents from the play by hitting with paintball guns. In this game, people using lower energy air weapons which are named a paintball marker or gun. Carbon dioxide or compressed air (nitrogen) steers these paintball markers. Paintball markers or paintball guns use paintballs which are mainly spherical gelatin capsule filling with dye and breaks upon the opponents.
Wearing comfortable and safe attire will make your match more enjoyable and will give you a thrilling experience. As a beginner at paintballing, you may worry about what to wear to paintball. In this case, you have to consider various factors about quality, gear, appearance, and additional suggestions of the experienced players. In this article, we will give you a sense of choosing perfect and safe attire that will bring your desired success. So, keep an eye on the full section and follow our comprehensive guidelines.
Comprehensive guideline about what to wear to play paintball
When I was younger and went to participate in a paintball game, a question came into my mind that what I should wear to paintball. Then I gathered all information about gear and followed some skilled player suggestions. Now, I will give you the most informative suggestion.
When planning a paintball gear, want to cover almost all of your skin from head to toe exclude the naked eye. You may give special attention to delicate areas like ears, head, eyes, face, and private parts.
Are you excited to get the best items to wear?
And if you want to purchase the best things to wear for your best gameplay then you can go directly HK ARMY store and you will find what to wear to paintball. You will find therein that store, paintball shoes, jersey, knee pads, elbow pads, arm pads, headband, gloves, chest protector, jogger pants, and paintball mask camera mount.
1. Head Protection
The transit speed of paintball is about 260-280 feet per second. You may get serious injuries if the face and head are not perfectly covered. You should consider special protection as you know that the most sensitive organ in the body is face and head.
For better head protection you can choose a cap, beanie, or headband. Usually choosing a perfect headgear depends on the season or weather.
Before choosing a headgear, you need to consider the following thing.
- The headgear should cover the head from paintball shots
- Give protection against sunburn
- Cover the harsh weather
- Cover head from paint
- Prevent forehead and eyes from dripping sweat
It will be bothering for one when the sweat wipes away the eyes and forehead. During a match, messing sweat with eyes or lens and blurring vision may be harmful. In this case, a headband or beanie will prevent wiping and also cover the head from paintball shots.
#Paintball goggles or masks
In head protection, the face is another important part to cover as much as possible. In this case, a paintball mask or goggle is more convenient. There are different types of paintball goggles. You should choose one that has:
- Lightweight frame for easy carrying
- Anti-sun coating
- Long durability
- The internal foam give comfort to your face
- Enough ear protection with padding
- Proper ventilation for passing cool air
- Fog preventing
- Upgradable, flexible lens which has dual pane
- Sufficient interior space
- Flexible squeezing property of glasses
We have researched the paintball industry and found the best paintball mask is Dye Precision I4 Thermal Paintball Goggle. You can use this paintball mask with full comfort and it has all the features pointed above.
2. Hands and Arms Protection
The most important or mandatory protective part is the hand and arms. You have to handle and trigger the paintball gun by hands and arms. After shots, the gun gives jerking that may injure your fingers, hands, or arms. A finger shot might be painful if you do not use better hand gloves. Sometimes blood coming out from injured parts. So, you have to give extra protection to your hands and arms. In this case, the best choice is hand gloves and arm pads.
Though it depends on your budget, you should buy specific, quality-full paintball gloves. Pay heed to the following fact that the gloves have.
- Reducing bruises property
- Thinly padded gloves
- Avoid super thick gloves that may trouble you pulling the trigger.
- Gloves having substantial material
- Long-lasting durability
- Flexible gloves that let your finger to free move
- Specific gloves that protect you from cutting and any type of bone injuries
Paintball explodes liquids that will disperse all over you. For this reason, grippe gloves are preferable and easier for you. There are available two types of gloves: with finger and fingerless gloves. Fingerless gloves will not the best choice for a beginner. It is the best choice for the professional one.
We know that most of the injuries during paintballing are occurred by sliding, crawling, kneeling, and jumping. So, it will be common to get injured in the arms or elbows. But, arms/elbow pads or specific paintball pads can protect you from injuries. Opt-out arm/elbow pads which have.
- Thick pads that can protect your skin and joints
- Ground resistant property
- Long-lasting durability
3. Upper Body Protection
Paintball is all about the game of crawling, kneeling, doodling, sliding, and diving. So, you should always avoid such clothing that may expose your skin. Half sleeves shirts, shorts, tank tops, and stuff clothing should be avoided for this purpose. In my situation, I eagerly thought what should I wear to paintball? Now, I will give you the idea of you what to wear to paintball normally.
A good combination can be made as to the following apparel.
#Long sleeve Shirt/Paintball jersey
For paintballing, you should avoid bright colors so that opponents can’t see and target you easily. The darker color is like a camouflage that makes invisible you behind the wood and gear. You have to buy cheap darker military colors wear from the Army Surplus store or another store. A comfortable jersey should have enough quality as follows.
- The jersey must absorb quickly the paintball shots
- Cover the upper entire body
- Lightweight paintball jersey
- Should be customizable and flexible
- Should provide enough ventilation to the body
- Should Protect from injuries and bruises from direct hits.
- Should keep normal of the body temperature
- Jersey which avoids extra paddings
- Enough durability
A comfortable sweatshirt is also useful to wear for paintball. As we know, there is much sweat falls during paintball. Underneath a paintball jersey or vest, a thin sweatshirt can help you to absorb sweats which may trouble you. A paintball sweatshirt can also protect the body from the shots of paintballs.
- Thin and good absorbable properties
- Comfortable and well ventilating
For a beginner of paintballing, an undesired hit at the chest may lead to death. The situation is completely accidental for some. So, you have to conscious of this situation. You can wear a quality-full vest in this perspective. Many types of quality vests generally use players. You can choose a vest with pockets or without pockets. It is easy to carry pellets, snacks, keys, water bottles, and important stuff in a multi-pocket vest.
You should choose a thin and lightweight strong quality vest. A good quality vest makes you confident and brave in your performance. You can check the following best paintball vest that we found for you.
3. Lower Body Protection
Like an upper body, the lower body is also the most important protection area due to exposure to shots, jumping, kneeling, sliding, crawling, and doodling. Rocks, dirt, and twigs can get you badly if your leg exposes. So, single layers of pants or shorts are not suitable for paintballs. I recommend you long loose paintball jeans along with sweat pants.
#Thick, long paintball pants
Exclusive paintball pants are available in the market. As I know how painful if get hurts hitting by a paintball shot. So, in this perspective, you should aware of choosing long paintball pants or jeans. Pay attention to the following consideration that a paintball pant has.
- Proper ventilation property
- Flexible and cool design
- Short absorbing property
- Should be strong and durable
- Protect skin from cutting and bruising
- Keeping normal body temperature
- Reducing the probability of getting hits
Note: An exclusive pant should not be the first choice for beginners. Beginners can choose cargo pants that are much durable and strong.
Pores of the cargo pants can easily circulate the air that regulates the temperature of the body. Multi-pocket cargo pant also reduces of getting bruises and cuts.
Like sweatshirts, sweat pants are also necessary enough for a player of paintballing. It gives protection to sensitive organs like knees, calves, thighs from injury during the shots.
A sweat pants ensure you extra protection. It brings back your brave and achieves your desired success.
- Your sweat pants should flexible enough will not bother you
- Comfortable enough that let you free to move
- Should absorb easily
#an exalt pan or groin cup
When a paintball hits your nuts, it makes 10 times worse pain for you. It also makes one embarrassed. An extra precaution, in this case, must be obtained.
An exalt pant or groin cup both are perfect. Both can protect the balls from hurting you. Groin protection is essential for any physical sports.
4. Feet and knee protection
You must give special concern to feet and knee protection as paintball is a dynamic game. Without wearing the proper footwear you may get injuries to your ankles and toes.
For a beginner of paintballing, you can take multiple shoes as your choice and test each shoe what suits you more. Among the shoes choose the most comfortable one. Hiking boots are preferable to anyone because pro-level players use them cheerfully.
You may choose one of the following types of shoes.
- Hiking boots
- Soccer shoes
- Army boots
- Jogging shoes
You have to avoid this type of shoes such as sandals, open toes, slim jogging shoes, flip shoes.
Choice shoes which have properties like:
- Shoes with rubber spike reduce the chances of injury to ankles
- Shoes with spike help you to stick on the ground
- A quality shoe that does not produce a bad smell after a long time of using
- Does not allow the pain of toes by hitting paintballs
- Allow jumping over fencing
- Hurdling over obstacles
- Allow to stops in seconds when runs
- Shoes that let you squat readily
A quality pair can prevent the shoe from wetting by the paint.
#Shin or knee pads
Paintball is a game of kneeling, sliding, crawling, and other dangerous tasks. It is very common to get injured during these types of tasks. So it is necessary to give protection to the part which has much chance of injury. The knee is one of those that can easily get injured.
In this case, wear a knee or shin pad. It let you protect your knee from bruising, peeling skin, busting, and some other scratches. Beginners may get serious bone injuries without knee pads.
Your sliding may be stopped by the ground. Smooth exterior knee pads let you slide smoothly in the ground. It makes you safe and comfortable. When you are confident that you are safe, it makes crazy you for achieving success.
Check out this video and follow the guidelines.
what to wear to paintball in the summer season?
For preventing heatstroke in hot summer, you have to concern about your dress choices. A perfect combination may be with:
- Paintball goggles with proper ventilation
- Breathable thin long pants
- Paintball gloves, arm or elbow pads
- Comfortable, good quality shoes
- Knee pads
- Breathable long sleeve paintball shirts
- Lightweight beanie, headband, or trucker cap that can easily soak up your sweat
- A sweatshirt or sweatpants
Don’t take heavy stuff like jackets, multi-pocket vests, and thick suits. The plane-quality vest would be perfect for the hot season.
#Tips for paintballing during hot summer
- Wear loose clothes for proper ventilation
- Apply sunscreen to the exposed area to protect skin from sunburns
- Try to wear thin but quality-full long pants and long sleeve shirts
- As much as possible try to play in the shades
- Hydrate yourself- Dehydration can attack you easily during hot summer days. Dehydration results in kidney pains, dizziness, or the chances of sunstroke. So, try to keep cool your fluid and take some coolers. Keep enough energy drinks, water bottles, juices, and drink these as much as possible. what to wear to paintball in the winter season?
what to wear to paintball in the winter season?
Your performance should become slow if you freeze with cold. As winter demands extra effort, you have to adjust yourself and your gear to winter. The following combination of care should be maintained.
- Porous and flexible quality jersey and pants that can keep you warmer
- A bandana or beanie that can protect your head and forehead from cold
- Sweatshirt and sweatpant
- Multi-pocket vest
- Thick, padded finger paintball gloves
- Elbow and knee pads
- Anti-fog, dual pane, proper ventilated, glare-proof, UV protective foamed paintball mask
- A pair of shocks and waterproof shoes
Some important safety rules while playing paintball
Paintball will become a dangerous and harmful game for you if you do not maintain the precautions at all. You must have a clear concept about what to wear before going paintballing.
You also have to acquire the knowledge of safety at every single step. Every single player needs to know the basic requirements and precautions of paintballing.
Maintaining precautions can prevent you from all unnecessary injuries. Here, I am pointing out some of these you must be careful in.
- Lightweight clothing- Heavy clothing may resist your movement while playing. Though you need to wear additional layers, it should lightweight. As paintball is a dynamic game, lightweight clothing like gym clothing lets you free movement.
- Comfortable and closed footwear- Game zones can be wet, slippery, and muddy. So, you should wear shoes with rubber spikes that are comfortable for your gaming. During the winter season, you need to choose waterproof footwear. Ankle supporting shoes can protect your feet from injuries.
- No valuables or jewelry- As discussed before paintball is a dynamic game so it is not suitable to play with jewelry or any valuable things. There rise upon a possibility for losing these during grounding, ducking, running.
- Don’t mind if clothes getting dirt- Your clothes may be messed up in misty and wet weather. Wear such clothes that will not let you upset if get dirt or paint.
- Ensure that every player in your group is present. It will help you when you gain familiarity with your group mates.
- Maintain respectable communication with the park owner and referee to feel comfortable in the new settings.
- Discuss with referees about shooting someone from point-black ranges (closer than 10 feet). You should ignore point-blank shooting.
- Don’t cheat and play fairly. If you get hit, yell for the referee to check paints.
- When you will eliminate from the game by hitting, elevate your arms on the ground and gun in the air.
- Don’t shot eliminated players who still exist in the field and allow them easy exit.
- Carefully carry the guns and give much attention to the targets.
- If you need to remove your mask in an emergency, consult and aware of your referee.
- Don’t be indiscreet as paintball is a team game.
For all beginners of paintballing must think about what to wear to paintball. This informative article can help you to choose the perfect paintball wear. From my experience and after researching many platforms, we have made this article only for helping you and ensure your good performance of paintballing.
All kinds of information about what to wear when going paintball are assembled here in this section. There are various pros and cons of different types of attire you will find here.